The 415th Bombardment Group was originally used by the School of Applied Tactics before becoming a training unit.
The 415th was activated on 15 February 1943 and was equipped with a mix of aircraft. It was used as a demonstration group by the Army Air Force School of Applied Tactics (at Orlando).
By March 1944 the group became a standard replacement training unit, but this was a short-lived assignment and it was disbanded on 5 April 1944.
Aircraft: Douglas A-20 Havoc, Douglas A-24 Banshee, Douglas A-26 Invader, North American B-25 Mitchell, Bell P-39 Airacobra
|12 February 1943||Constituted as 415th Bombardment Group (Dive)|
|15 February 1943||Activated|
|5 April 1944||Disbanded|
2d. Lt Michael J Panek: 1 Mar 1943
Maj Wesley E Dickerson: 12 Mar 1943
Lt Col Robert K Martin: 29 Mar 1943
Col John R Kelly: 23 Oct 1943
Lt Col Steele R Patterson: 6 Mar-5 Apr 1944
Alachua AAFM, Fla: 15 Feb
Orlando AB, Fla: 25 Feb 1944
Dalhart AAFM, Tex: 19 Mar-5 Apr 1944
465th Bombardment Squadron: 1943-44
521st (formerly 667th) Bombardment Squadron: 1943-44