Douglas O-29

The Douglas O-29 was an unarmed staff transport similar to the O-2K, and based on the O-2H observation aircraft. Like the O-2K it was based on late production O-2Hs, with staggered unequal span wings and a modified tail adopted during the production run of the O-2H.

Unlike the O-2H or O-2K the sole O-29 was powered by a 525hp Wright R-1750 air-cooled radial engine when it was completed in 1929. Later it was given a 575hp Wright R-1820-1 radial engine and redesignated as the O-29A. It was also known as the Y1O-29, indicating the source of its funding.

Air War Index - Air War Links - Air War Books

How to cite this article: Rickard, J (11 April 2013), Douglas O-29 , http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_douglas_O-29.html

Help - F.A.Q. - Contact Us - Search - Recent - About Us -  Subscribe in a reader - Join our Google Group - Cookies