Morane-Saulnier M.S.149

The Morane-Saulnier M.S.149 was a parasol wing basic trainer that was used by the French Navy during the first half of the 1930s. It was a version of the M.S.147, which combined the faired fuselage and landing gear of the Navy's M.S.130 trainer of 1927, and the swept parasol wing of the Armée d l'Air's M.S.138.

The M.S.147 was powered by a 120hp Salmson 9Ac radial engine, and made its maiden flight in 1928. The M.S.149 was powered by a 100hp Lorraine 5Pa radial engine, giving it a top speed of 87mph, slightly slower than the M.S.147. It made its maiden flight in 1929, and a total of 56 were produced, all for the French Navy. The aircraft was used as a basic trainer during the early 1930s. Most had been withdrawn from service by 1935, although a small number remained in use as late as 1939.

Air War Index - Air War Links - Air War Books

How to cite this article: Rickard, J (24 February 2012), Morane-Saulnier M.S.149 , http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_morane_saulnier_MS149.html

Help - F.A.Q. - Contact Us - Search - Recent - About Us -  Subscribe in a reader - Join our Google Group - Cookies