Morane Saulnier M.S. 502 'Criquet'
The Morane Saulnier M.S. 502 'Criquet' was the version of the Fieseler Fi 156 produced in largest numbers after the end of the Second World War. The Storch had been produced at the Morane Saulnier factory at Puteaux since 1942, and after the war production continued, using the original Argus engine and the designation M.S. 500. When the supply of Argus engines ran short alternative power-sources had to be used. On the M.S. 502 Morane Saulnier used the 230hp Salmson 9Abc radial engine, a rather old-fashioned looking engine with exposed cylinders that made the aircraft look like an inter-war design. This didn't appear to have any impact on the effectiveness of the 'Criquet', and it had a long career with the Armée de l'Air and the Aéronavale,
How to cite this article:
Rickard, J (5 April 2010), Morane Saulnier M.S. 502 'Criquet', http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_morane_saulnier_MS502.html